Visit any Robbins Brothers Southern California location by March 30, 2014 and enter to win a Dream Proposal Getaway package at the luxurious oceanside Surf & Sand Resort in Laguna Beach! It’s really easy too. Simply follow these steps:
If selected as the winner you’ll receive this AMAZING proposal getaway package including:
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
Robbins Brothers and Surf & Sand Resort
“Dream Proposal Getaway” Contest
Contest Submissions: March 1 — March 30, 2014
Contest Judging: March 31 – April 11, 2014
Winner Notification: April 14, 2014
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
CONTEST IS OFFERED TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY
VOID OUTSIDE CALIFORNIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED
1. Eligibility: Each Entrant must be a legal resident of California, single and unmarried, and 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Robbins Bros. Jewelry Inc. and Surf & Sand Resort, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, prize suppliers, any other person or entity associated with the Contest and/or members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related are ineligible to enter the Contest.
2. How to Enter: The “Dream Proposal Getaway” Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. PST on March 1, 2014 and ends at 10:00 p.m. PST on March 30, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). To participate, any person 18 years of age or older (the “Entrant”), must submit an Entry consisting of an Entry Form upon which the entrant has written an original essay, describing in 200 words or less the details of their dream proposal idea and why the one they love deserves a proposal moment at the luxurious Surf & Sand Resort (the “Essay”). The written Essay must include the Entrant’s full name, email address, telephone number (including area code), and desired engagement date. The Entry Information including the Essay (collectively “Submission”) must be submitted, in person, during normal store business hours during the Contest Period, into an Official Contest Entry Box located inside a participating Robbins Brothers location in Southern California.
Contestants may also mail their Submission to Robbins Brothers, P.O. Box 517, Azusa CA 91702. In-person entries may be accepted at all Southern California Robbins Brothers (8 total). Mailed and in-store submissions must be received by 10:00 p.m. PST on March 30, 2014. All required Entry Information must be completed in full. Essay cannot be longer than 200 words and must be in the English language. If Essay is longer than 200 words, only the first 200 words will be judged. Limit one (1) Submission per person during the entire Contest Period. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Proof of delivery or receipt of Submission will not be deemed by Robbins Brothers or Surf & Sand, (each a “Sponsor,” collectively “Sponsors”). The Essay will be judged on the criteria set forth below. Essays that are not reasonably pertinent to the judging criteria (described below), as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, or are otherwise in violation of these Official Rules will be disqualified. As determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, Essays that include obscenities, objectionable material, defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any third party’s personal or proprietary rights will be disqualified. Essays must not have been previously entered in any competition or contest or won any award prior to entry into this Contest and the Essay content must not have been previously published.
3. Judging: The Essays from all eligible Submissions received during the Contest Period will be judged by Sponsors who will determine the winning Submission. Judging will be conducted on/about the period March 31, 2014 through April 11, 2014. Winner will be notified on or around April 14, 2014. Essays will be judged based upon the following criteria: 1) Narrative quality of the essay (40 points), 2) Originality (30 points), 3) Inspirational tone and Emotional impact of the essay (30 points), for a maximum possible total of 100 points. The Entrant whose Essay receives the highest score will be declared the potential winner, subject to verification of eligibility. In the event of a tie to determine the winning Entrant, the tied Entrant who submitted the Essay with the higher score in “Narrative Quality” will be declared the potential winner. In the event of a further tie, the tied Entrant who submitted the Essay with the higher score in “Originality” will be declared the potential winner. Any further ties will be broken by the points earned by remaining tied Entrants’ Essays in the remaining criteria: “Inspirational tone and Emotional impact.” To break a further tie, if necessary, Judges will re-score the remaining tied Entrants’ Essays based on the judging criteria and declare the potential Winning Entrant. Sponsors have the right, in their sole discretion, to select no winning Entrant based on lack of eligible Submissions received.
4. Prize: One (1) Prize: Dream Proposal Getaway Package includes: Two-Night stay for two at Surf & Sand Resort, Complimentary Dinner for two, Personal Proposal Concierge to make proposal moment at Surf & Sand an event to remember (valued at $1300). Blackout dates apply; based on availability. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent, for prize (or component of prize), except that Sponsors may at their sole discretion substitute a prize (or component of prize) for one of equal value for any reason. Any depiction of prize is for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities including, without limitation, income taxes, arising from the receipt of a prize will be the sole responsibility of the winning Entrant.
5. Notification: The potential winning Entrant will be notified by phone and/or email by Sponsors on or about April 14, 2014. If a potential winning Entrant cannot be reached within 2 days / 48 hours, if he/she is found to be ineligible, or do not comply with these Official Rules, such potential winning Entrant will be disqualified and the Entrant with the next highest score may be declared a potential winner.
6. General Conditions and Disclaimers: This Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in the Official Rules of the Contest, or the Contest itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsors and judges, whose decisions are binding and final in all respects. The winning Entrant must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility (the “Affidavit”) and Publicity/Liability Release (the “Release”), which will include, among other things, a representation of the Essay’s authenticity. The winning Entrant’s Affidavit and Release and any other documentation that Sponsors may require must be executed and signed by Entrant and returned within two (2) days / 48 hours after receipt, or such potentially winning Entrant may be disqualified and the Entrant whose Essay received the next highest score may be declared the potential winner, subject to verification. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsors at their sole discretion, reserve the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest or any portion(s) thereof and conduct the judging from among all salvageable eligible Submissions received, if any. Any person attempting to defraud Sponsors or tamper with the Contest in any way will be prosecuted to the full extent permitted by law and will not be eligible for a prize. Once submitted, Submissions become the sole property of the Sponsors and may not be acknowledged and will not be returned. By entering Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants to Sponsors that Essay is wholly original, that the Entrant is the sole owner of all rights (other than Sponsors’) relating to Essay, that Entrant has all necessary rights to grants the rights set forth below, that the Essay has not been previously published or submitted in any other contest or competitions and/or to any media, including, without limitation, books, magazines, etc., that the Essay does not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party, and does not violate federal, state or local laws and ordinances. The winning Entrant agrees to unconditionally assign and transfer all ideas, concepts, copyrighted materials and trademarks contained in Essay and any and all rights including “moral rights” in the Essay to the Sponsors. Sponsors have the right to use, assign, modify, edit, adapt, dispose, and electronically alter Essays including but not limited to, for moral rights, to appear in promotional and/or commercial materials, as well as to reproduce them, in whole or in part, without compensation or additional consent from Entrant or any third party. Except where prohibited by law, entry and/or winning Entrant’s acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsors to use winners’ Entry, name, address (city and state), essay, photos, likeness, biographical information, statement and voice for advertising/publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice to or compensation in connection with the Contest or the prize awarded. Each Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsors from any and all liability resulting or arising from use of any submitted Essay or breach of the Entrant’s representations or warranties. In case of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant who submitted a winning Entry, the decision of Sponsors, in Sponsors’ sole discretion shall be conclusive and binding. By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to receive promotional, marketing materials and information, including email messages, from the Sponsors.
7. Sponsors: Robbins Brothers, P.O. Box 517, Azusa, CA, 91702, and Surf & Sand Resort, 1555 S. Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651