By guest blogger Natasha Burton
When you’re ready to pop the question, you’ve likely already talked to your girlfriend about marriage. But you may not have had a conversation about her taste in jewelry—in fact, you may even want the ring you present her to be a complete surprise.
But, given that she’s going to wear her ring ’til death do you part, you’re going to want to get her some bling she’ll like—or, even better, love.
Ask yourself these questions to help guide you on your ring search, from determining the metal the ring should be made of, to the style that would speak most to your girlfriend.
1. Does she normally wear white or yellow gold jewelry?
2. Is her apartment or home filled with antiques, traditional furnishings, or modern details?
3. Which famous classic actress do you think she’d identify with most, Audrey Hepburn, Katherine Hepburn, or Marilyn Monroe?
4. What does her favorite pair of jeans look like? (Worn and vintage? Pristine and crisp? Basic blue?)
5. If she were to order a drink at a bar, would it be a martini, a glass of wine or a craft beer?
6. Does she prefer outdoor activities like hiking or indoor activities like watching movies?
7. Is she a DIY, baking and crafty type or more of a store-bought kind of woman?
8. Is there another piece of jewelry she wears everyday with which you might need to coordinate her engagement ring?
Need a little more guidance? No problem, we got you covered! Check out Find Out Your Engagement Ring Style to see various ring designs.