By guest blogger Natasha Burton
We all know that the way to man’s heart is through his stomach—or at least, that’s what the oft-quoted phrase tells us. If you’re wanting to make your guy feel extra special (hey, why not pamper him for a change, right?), you may want to consider making him an unforgettable meal.
To help you get started on deciding what to whip up, here are some questions that will assist you in determining what dish(es) would be ideal for your man. Happy cooking!
1. Does he appreciate home cooking or would he be completely happy with take-out?
2. Is he more of a steak-and-potatoes sort of man or is he okay with eating vegetarian?
3. Does he prefer variety (an assortment of foods for dinner) or consistency (one thing to dine on)?
4. Is he more of a savory or sweet guy?
5. Does he like dessert or would he prefer a more filling meal?
6. Are there any must-haves he likes at dinner (salad, bread, or some kind of carb)?
7. What’s his favorite place to travel to or country he’s visited?
8. Does he have a favorite dish at a restaurant you go to often that you could recreate at home?
9. Does he have a favorite general cuisine?
10. Does his family have a special recipe from his childhood you could make for him?
Now that your creative culinary juices are flowing, check out some popular cooking pinners on Pinterest like What’s Gabby Cooking and 101 Cooking for Two—they’ll help you narrow down exactly what menu to serve.